In the frames of the editorial policy of the journal, «Metrology and Instruments» follows consistently the editorial standards of publishing COPE Code of Conduct and Core Practicies confirmed by COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics).
Ethical obligations of the Journals’ Editorial Board:
- The thoughts and proposals, mentioned in the articles, do not necessarily coincide with the editorial board’s point of view. The authors are responsible for the trustworthiness of information in the articles, the exactness of names, statistical data, surnames and quotations.
- Editorial Board reserves the right to reject an article or return it for revision. The author, in turn, is obliged to finish the article according to comments of reviewers and editorial board;
- Editorial Board / Council may reject a manuscript without review if it is considered not match the Journals’ politic;
- Editorial Board / Council may remove even already published article under finding out the violation of someone's rights or accepted norms of scientific ethics. On the fact of removing the article editors informs the author, who provided the article and the organization where the work was performed;
- Editorial Board / Council allows the spread of any Journal articles or extracts from them in electronic networks, but references to the source is required;
- According to international law in part of compliance of authors rights about informational resources, Journal materials cannot be reproduced in whole or in part in any form (electronic or printed) without the prior written consent of the authors and editors of the Journal. In fact of using the published material in the context of other documents is necessary to reference to the source.
Ethical obligations of authors:
- Authors of articles are responsible for the context of articles and for the fact of their publication;
- Authors must follow the requirements of publication. It is not acceptable to represent plagiarism as original work for publication and previously published articles;
- Authors should clearly indicate the sources of all quoted or represented information and have to make appropriate reference to the literature used in work. Editorial Board / Council may refuse to publish articles under non-specified requirements.
Ethical obligations of reviewers:
- Every scientist who submits an article for publication, shall perform a definite part of work in review;
- All articles submitted for publication must be reviewed by the supervisor of the author(s), academic institution, where the work was performed and by members of the editorial board / council of Journal. If the editorial board / council is not confident in the possibility of publishing this article, it reserves the right to appoint an independent reviewer;
- All members of the editorial board / council are reviewers;
- Reviewer shall objectively evaluate the quality of the manuscript, presented experimental and theoretical work, its interpretation and presentation, and also consider the extent to which work meets academic standards and requirements for its design. Reviewer must respect the intellectual independence of authors.