All the materials submitted to publication are subject to two levels peer review: outside and inside.
First, submitted articles are reviewed by editors to assess whether it corresponds to journal specialization and common requirements.
It is considered that such review shell be performed within one week.
As the editors’ decision is made, submitted articles are forwarded to at least two external peer reviewers, specialized in relevant field. So, manuscript goes through double “blind” review: neither authors, nor reviewers do not know one another.
In particular cases the article can be forwarded to additional review including statistical and methodological review.
The materials consideration and publication procedure
- Authors forward by e-mail the material to be published, which can be accepted by editorial team only if it complies to valid requirements.
- Editorial team forwards the article for review.
- According to the results of review the article may be:
- accepted for publication;
- forwarded back to authors for corresponding modification, corrections if it is demanded by reviewers;
- rejected as such, that does not comply to the requirements (reasons should be presented in review report).
- Only after complete agreement with authors of all the question of article content (including re-reviewing, if previous version had to be modified) it is considered as accepted for publication.
- Editorial team makes the decision of including to certain volume (number).
- The article is forwarded for publication.
The journal is open resource, accepts and publishes materials in compliance with editorial policy and under conditions of compliance to valid legislative acts of Ukraine.
All the claims, comments and questions concerning journal activities should be sent to e-mail or regular post addresses.
Authors have right to appeal against editors’ decisions on manuscripts acceptance or rejection
Order of author’s appeal submission
- When an author does not agree with the editor’s decision on the manuscript acceptance or rejection, he/she should address the Klinichna khirurhiia journal in written form specifying the reasons of his/her appeal.
- A commission for the conflict settlement consisting of editorial board members is formed to consider the author’s appeal.
- The editorial staff decision can be changed in the cases when:
- the author presents additional facts not considered at the manuscript primary reviewing;
- the author presents additional materials not considered at the manuscript primary reviewing;
- the author presents information concerning conflict of interests not presented at the manuscript primary reviewing;
- the authors expresses concern about the prejudiced review report.
- When it is necessary, the editorial staff may refer to another reviewer before making the final decision.
- When arguments are satisfactory, the commission for conflicts settlement makes proposals to change or retain in force the initial decision about the manuscript publishing.
- The editorial board makes decision about the manuscript acceptance or rejection basing on the commission for conflicts settlement conclusion.
- The editorial board decision after the initial decision review is final and cannot be disputed.