The main goal of the “Metrology and Instruments” journal is to report to a wide range of scientific and technical community about the new achievements in the field of metrology - both legislative, theoretical, and applied; to highlight the importance of ensuring the unity of measurements, the creation of means of measuring physical quantities and their application. Taking into account that the entry of Ukraine into the WTO requires the harmonization of basic concepts, terms and definitions, the journal at its pages has a discussion on these issues, the result of which is a collective proposal to the relevant Technical Committees. A section on the application of statistical methods during solving theoretical and practical issues on conformity assessment and measurement uncertainty has been introduced.
Currently, specialists of data analysis have become one of the most desired in the IT sector. A large number of Data Scientists and popularizers of this direction have appeared and they tell about the fantastic possibilities of modern data analysis, machine learning, in particular, neural networks. But in order to become a Data Scientist, it is not enough to study one or several data analysis tools. In fact, data analysis is first and foremost an understanding of the data, its statistics and the corresponding analysis algorithms. This primarily requires the ability to identify influential quantities that reduce the accuracy of measurement results. No further analysis is possible without such an understanding. The Journal covers the issues of the influence of measurement accuracy on the reliability of the results - quantitative and qualitative. Enhancement of international cooperation has led to the advent of foreign scientists among the authors.
- improvement, optimization and harmonization of the legislative and regulatory base in the field of metrology and instrument making, trends and prospects for their development;
- theoretical and methodological aspects of metrology;
- creation of normative documents in the field of standardization, certification and ensuring the uniformity of measurements, resource-saving technologies, product safety, health, environmental protection;
- development of base of standards: the study of physical phenomena, materials and substances for the creation of standards, standard materials and measuring instruments;
- optimization of transmission schemes for the size of units of physical quantities, ensuring the required accuracy of measurements and the traceability of their results;
- development of new and improvement of existing methods and measuring instruments, systems for collecting, processing and use of metrological information;
- creation of new and improvement of existing tools and methods for assessing the accuracy of measurements and indicators of product quality;
- conformity assessment of measuring instruments;
- methodology of calibration (verification) of measuring instruments;
- metrological support of production, operation and repair of metrological equipment and measuring instruments.